We take Health & Safety seriously, whether it’s providing the standards of care and support needed to our own team or meeting the requirements set out for specific types of construction. We provide a thorough, practical and professional service honed through decades of experience. Every member of our team is fully trained to adopt up-to-date Health & Safety practices and to follow the latest protocols.
We provide full monthly audits to ensure the long-term safety of our structures and joinery work to ensure the safety needs of our customers are met. We also take care to adequately train and certify our operatives in all legal areas related to safety on-site, as well as the health of our team in general.
We’re committed to exceeding the Health & Safety requirements for our work. When you choose C S Mansfield, you’re choosing a company that puts the time in to ensure the workplace is safe for everyone.
I am a Chartered member of IOSH for 13 years now, an affiliate member of IEMA and an associate member of APS.
I have represented and worked with Construction Services (Mansfield) Limited as their Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor since August 2009.
We have a Health and Safety, Environmental and Sustainability plus Quality documentation system that is audited annually by Achilles Building Confidence, CHAS and Construction Line to Gold level.
We see those 5 disciplines as being as important as all other company functions so from myself, through the Directors, estimating department and Project Managers to the site workforce it is an all-round company team commitment, effort and objective to have zero accidents, zero close calls, zero ill health and zero mental health.
It is my role to re-enforce the Directors commitment to these disciplines and ensure that all the legal regulations as well as the varying client organisational requirements are met whilst keeping our systems and procedures at a practical workable level for our site workforces. This will ensure that our site visiting contract supervisors, site supervisors and site workforce can understand and more importantly, implement our systems and procedures on site.
- All levels of our company have training and certification to the industry and company required standards.
- Our office based personnel have the required HND and / or Degree level and / or NVQ3.
- Our site workforce are all CSCS skilled and all joiners will have an NVQ2 or NVQ3 qualification.
- Qualifications are further supplemented with additional training and site skills such as PASMA, Asbestos Awareness, IPAF, Face-Fit tested and First Aid.
- All of our sites are supervised by SSSTS certificated joiners. All visiting contracts supervisors are SMSTS certificated.
- We have our own in-house face-fit trainer and Portable Appliance Tester.
- We carry out 4 health surveillance questionnaires every 2 years and make on average one visit per week to site.
- A full detailed report is e-mailed to all e-mail addresses within the company so that all management and supervisory levels can see evolving requirement, success, improvements, around the sites we are currently working on.
We work to a whole range of substantial major construction clients who include Willmott Dixon, Balfour Beatty, Kier Construction, Wates Construction, Galliford Try, SDC Builders Limited, DSPCM-ALDI, Vinci Construction, Bowmer + Kirkland, Ashe Construction plus many others.
These organisations have incredibly high standards, strict requirements and auditing systems at both the tender pre-start stages and then at site level. This however, by continuing to achieve the high standards, ensures that the commitment of all levels within Construction Services (Mansfield) Limited to Health and Safety, Environmental and Sustainability plus Quality procedures sustains a level that I and all our clients require and continue to be extremely happy with.